Saturday, May 16, 2020

MouseCon 2019 cosplay gallery

In November 2019, I went once more to MouseCon (probably the last I will be able to attend in a long time if the COVID-19 situation doesn't pan out by November, which I doubt), held once again in Concord, CA. I went cosplaying as Mickey Mouse, with a small Pluto doll for a prop when I posed for pictures. As always, there were booths, galleries, other cosplayers, and guest celebrities. This year, they included Linda Larkin (the voice of Jasmine in Aladdin, whom I saw at a presentation on the film at D23), Mary Gibbs (the voice of Boo in Monsters, Inc.), and former Mouseketeer Sharon Baird (who would later appear in several Sid and Marty Krofft shows).

I tried to enter this year's costume contest, but I went in too late, so I simply watched, which was too bad, as I was one of the few cosplayers who was not in the show. In any case, here now are some shots of other cosplayers I got from this year's MouseCon:











Here are some pics of the aforementioned celebrities' booths, including Sharon...

...and Mary:

Finally, here are some pics of me posing with these celebrities:


I really love that second image of me with Linda Larkin and Mary Gibbs. For good measure, here is one last picture of Larkin and Gibbs, but without me:

Anyway, assuming when this whole COVID-19 situation ends (preferably without having to wear masks or anything), I will definitely be back to MouseCon when it can be held again. Hopefully, it will be this November, but I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment