Thursday, September 24, 2020

A new voice for Minnie Mouse!

Evidently, given other things going on in my life, I didn't get the memo until I found out about this last week: a new Mickey Mouse cartoon series (or rather, a continuation of the 2010s series) to air on Disney+ on November 18, Mickey and Minnie's birthday, known as The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse:
Out of curiosity, after Russi Taylor's passing last year, I asked around who would voice Minnie now. While they didn't know for sure, they thought that it would be the one who voices her now on Mickey Mouse's Mixed-Up Adventures: Kaitlyn Robrock, who took over as the voice on July 17:
You can hear a snippet of Robrock's dialogue as Minnie in the link to this Tweet here.

In all honesty, I think Robrock's Minnie sounds rather like Bernadette from The Big Bang Theory (maybe it's just the way she says "Sheldon doesn't have a spot" that does it for me (or maybe it's just that I love that clip so much)):
It's not known at this point yet, but chances are, Robrock is probably going to play Minnie in the new Mickey Mouse cartoon series coming up.

From what little I know about Robrock, it is revealed that she was born on December 30, 1983, so she's about a year younger than Bret Iwan, the current voice of Mickey. It's nice to know that Mickey and Minnie are now once again voiced by people who are relatively close to each other in age, just as Wayne Allwine and Russi Taylor were (almost) close in age (although chances are, Mickey will be voiced again by Chris Diamantopoulos in this new series, as it's a continuation of the 2010s series).

Personally, I have always thought there was something off-putting about Taylor continuing to voice Minnie while Mickey was voiced by someone much, much younger, so young that Taylor could easily have been Iwan's (or Diamantopoulos') mother in another life!

Anyway, I hope Kaitlyn Robrock continues to voice Minnie for a while to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment